The Taking Of Pelham 1 2 3 (2009)
It could have all gone wrong in this movie, one silly mistake, or the wrong course of word play action would have led to a catastrophic loss of lives in this train hijacking sequel, in a way, nice job was done, smart. The only problem was that it felt like a walk in the park (I wouldn’t say total), too easy, and yeah I’ve agreed to remarks on how shallow the movie is, or how it isn’t deep I don’t really feel so. Here we have Walter Garber,played by Denzel Washington, a father and a husband, and the bad guy played by John Travolta. The movie is based on a novel. The movie is great has an awesome feel, the tension is great.
But honestly the part of the movie confusing to me was that I couldn’t decide if it was an emotional drama, or a thriller, because thriller wise there was nothing really new and I know it’s an old movie but still, back then, could still say the same I mean a rat climbed into your pants?. That didn’t seem like a way to derail the whole plot.
If we go to the characters and emotional aspects of the movie, it was awesome, not really in sections but in the whole ride. Denzel is this simple man haloed angel while John Travolta is the unrelenting devil, I think he even played a much better part because the whole life of the movie depended on him which was shown on how it came to life on getting Denzel to admit on the bribe, nothing like throwing a little dirt on our angel but his intentions were moving.
Emotionally it is a brilliant movie, but the plot seemed too basic…nah, I’m not saying write it off? But more could have been done, but hey its your typical hostage situation again and what was the point of the camera thing if it wasn’t going to be used in any way? They should have scratched that and also the whole deadly Nascar’99 stuff didn’t get to me but hey if you’re looking for some personal intense hostage situation? This is one movie to consider. The emotional hieghtness was good, made up for the plot and when he came home with the carton of milk?…aaww.
Please comments are welcome, thanks.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
You just can't get enough, here's more:
- 10 best emotional movies to cry yourself silly.You know sometimes you just get caught with a wave of the feels and decide ‘oh now you know what i most definitely need is a satisfying good tear jerker. Now you must be thinking of […]
- 90’s Fashion Trends Today? Yes Puh-lease!90's fever
- A Halloween with the Cullens: what’s your horror halloween pick?Its halloween again, that dark freaky time of the year and we’ll be kicking off with our favorite horror character, Bella (kristen Stewart), its been a long time since twilight (based on the book by stephanie […]
- A Monster Calls Review; Facing your DemonsAuthor Ness penned this adaptation of his own novel, which is as poignant as his beautiful book and features brilliant performances by Jones, MacDougall, and Neeson. Director J. A. Sandie Angulo Chen, Commonsense Media Whether it’s […]
- A Movie for Elon Musk, The MartianMartian Fever
- A Nun for Halloween: Another spinoff from the conjuring universeThis is Hyper Halloween selection, the Nun is the most recent spin off from the conjuring franchise based on the cases of demonologists Ed and Lorriane Warren.The movie launches at an abbey located in Romania 1952, […]
- A Perfect date Movie reviewTalk about complicated.
- A sensational film of frights : The ConjuringA chilling historical heart chilling movie created by James Wan, putting to life, a popular case of demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, this is a horror movie of the first order, not your regular horror movie […]