Lead actors – Shailene Woodley (Hazel Grace Lancaster)
Ansel Elgort (Augustus Waters)
Isaac (Natt wolf)
You know that movie that sprouts a big lump in your throat? The kind that makes you even too sad for popcorn, this is it, yes my fellow blue-light insufferables. This one is a major one.The movie is based on a sixteen year old girl (Shailene Woodley) Hazel Grace Lancaster, battling with thyroid cancer, its actually the sequel of the novel written by john green (2012), and inspired by a true life story.Also starred in the movie are Ansel Elgort (Augustus Waters), Natt woif (Isaac).
The movie was filmed in Indianapolis, and also Amsterdam, it was quite a huge success as it grossed over $307 million dollars world wide, against a $12m budget, it’s release date was 6th of June 2014.
Based on the novel, the whole story follows a particular sequence, two cancer patients meet and the infamous sparks fly.
After being convinced she’s depressed, Hazel’s mother (Laura Den) and her father (Sam Trammel) urges her to go and join a Christian cancer support group (how bad could it get? seriously?) which hazel could be seen in the trailer with a not so expectant look on her face, pulling her pet companion Philip with her (FYI : Philip is an oxygen tank).
In an ode to her fate and depression, Hazel finds Acceptance and understanding in a book called an imperial Affliction, as the name implies, I think I agree with Hazel.Hazel meets Augustus ‘Gus’ and she seems drawn by his contribution to the group right before there was some intense eye game right before. Gus falls for “Hazel Grace” as he calls her, hazel is a bit withdrawn, seems like the perfect extrovert, introvert relationship but mainly for the fact that she feels their relationship could be risky as she told him “I’m a grenade, one day I’m going to blow up, and obliterate everything in my wake” unmoved, he states that her withdrawal doesn’t lessen his affections for her.Meanwhile Hazel has been trying to contact the elusive Peter Van Houten (author of Hazel’s book) and somehow, Gus gets his attention through his assistant and arranges for a trip to Amsterdam.The story fits character profoundly with her pixie haircut and dainty outfits, from the beginning to the roll of the credits, it’s a good movie, funny and humorous.
You’d expect a movie about cancer strikes kids to be depressing but TFIOS Is actually a funny movie, tinged with the perfect chemistry of Gus and Hazel which envelopes the whole movie.Gus shines through the movie as a light of hope, daring Hazel who has almost already given up hope, that there’s more to life, he literally shows her the world. The movie is a tear-jerker “pain demands to be felt” a beautiful romance story, with a touch of despair that nervously asks, what if and what could be.
- 10 best emotional movies to cry yourself silly.You know sometimes you just get caught with a wave of the feels and decide ‘oh now you know what i most definitely need is a satisfying good tear jerker. Now you must be thinking of […]
- 90’s Fashion Trends Today? Yes Puh-lease!90's fever
- A Halloween with the Cullens: what’s your horror halloween pick?Its halloween again, that dark freaky time of the year and we’ll be kicking off with our favorite horror character, Bella (kristen Stewart), its been a long time since twilight (based on the book by stephanie […]
- A Monster Calls Review; Facing your DemonsAuthor Ness penned this adaptation of his own novel, which is as poignant as his beautiful book and features brilliant performances by Jones, MacDougall, and Neeson. Director J. A. Sandie Angulo Chen, Commonsense Media Whether it’s […]
- A Movie for Elon Musk, The MartianMartian Fever
- A Nun for Halloween: Another spinoff from the conjuring universeThis is Hyper Halloween selection, the Nun is the most recent spin off from the conjuring franchise based on the cases of demonologists Ed and Lorriane Warren.The movie launches at an abbey located in Romania 1952, […]
- A Perfect date Movie reviewTalk about complicated.
- A sensational film of frights : The ConjuringA chilling historical heart chilling movie created by James Wan, putting to life, a popular case of demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, this is a horror movie of the first order, not your regular horror movie […]