Image source : medium
From ‘Star wars’ (kinda impossible science fiction) to ‘the martian’ which is probable, if you’ve watched the movie, if someone could walk the moon, we should be able to grow Irish potatoes on the red planet ( a real leap for mankind).
As a movie fan and critic, sometimes, those two hours of pixels can take our minds to places we haven’t dreamed, show us things the human mind is capable of greatly, if you consider Oscar’s table dance in shark tale I mean someone actually thought of that!. movies in a way, shows what the human imagination is capable of doing, or thinking, which is potential. It shows the endless possibilities of our imaginations and innovations, well that’s if you consider what’s on the screen. Don’t start thinking seven hours of Netflix shows your quest for innovation, that’s mid-life crisis but hey, I know a dude who was inspired by the Martian for a science project (I said the Martian, not Breaking bad, don’t get ideas).
Oscar killing it.
These movies tell us we are insignificant, a conjecture of seemingly fiction to questionable reality, we can also be shown the outcome of ideas or things that could happen but are still in questioning, like what if the earth got cancer, as shown in the movie annihilation, or Elon musk’s goal to put a million people on Mars, that could be referenced to passengers or Elysium if you think of it and to be frank, ‘star wars portrays the most challenging feats in the achievements of human kind, like the warp drive, so here’s ten ways those technicolor wonders are beneficial.
1. It’s like a trip to space, without a rocket ( I won’t lie to you most of what I learnt about Mars was from watching the Martian, not those boring geography classes)
2. Are we really Alone?.
From the grays to UFOs, space movies resurface these thoughts to mind even though they seem crazy but who knows?.
3. Mr. Spock’s hair game, like can you ever?.
( image source ; digitalspy)
4. They question some strong physics, everyone knows time travel isn’t possible-ish but the idea of the warp drive portrayed in star trek is pretty daunting, though the idea was first portrayed by John Campbell in his novel, Island of Space, star trek really brought it to everyday thought and even Nasa is into it. These movies question the possibility of time travel even though it seems like pipe dream one day you just might be able to tesser back to the night you met your ex.
5. They could show us how to do long distance relationships, check out passengers or interstellar.
6. Showing us how far we’ve come as humans, the movie first man was pretty humbling.
7. We could learn eco-friendliness (silent running 1972)
8. Or they could challenge our minds and unleash our inner Yoda.
Yoda in the spirit
9. Anything is possible, ask princess Leia.
say what now?
10. Educative, I got most knowledge about meteors seeing Smallville, falling bodies and all, it’s like boring physics gets a face-lift, but not all meteors are pretty, if you’ve seen slither, you’d understand.
- 10 best emotional movies to cry yourself silly.You know sometimes you just get caught with a wave of the feels and decide ‘oh now you know what i most definitely need is a satisfying good tear jerker. Now you must be thinking of […]
- 90’s Fashion Trends Today? Yes Puh-lease!90's fever
- A Halloween with the Cullens: what’s your horror halloween pick?Its halloween again, that dark freaky time of the year and we’ll be kicking off with our favorite horror character, Bella (kristen Stewart), its been a long time since twilight (based on the book by stephanie […]
- A Monster Calls Review; Facing your DemonsAuthor Ness penned this adaptation of his own novel, which is as poignant as his beautiful book and features brilliant performances by Jones, MacDougall, and Neeson. Director J. A. Sandie Angulo Chen, Commonsense Media Whether it’s […]
- A Movie for Elon Musk, The MartianMartian Fever
- A Nun for Halloween: Another spinoff from the conjuring universeThis is Hyper Halloween selection, the Nun is the most recent spin off from the conjuring franchise based on the cases of demonologists Ed and Lorriane Warren.The movie launches at an abbey located in Romania 1952, […]
- A Perfect date Movie reviewTalk about complicated.
- A sensational film of frights : The ConjuringA chilling historical heart chilling movie created by James Wan, putting to life, a popular case of demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, this is a horror movie of the first order, not your regular horror movie […]