Brie Larson stars in chilling but beautiful story of a kidnapping siege.
Room isn’t only about the horrifying after effects of a series of kidnappings but also a portrayal of distorted family bond. Jack,an exceptionally brave child is ‘trapped’ in a 12-foot room with his ‘Ma’ in a modern day hostage situation.
The length and breadth, every inch of this Room while to his Mother is a source of torture but is the whole world to the young five-year old’s mind. Strengthened by his Mother’s love and mind blowing imagination, Jack can see the whole world from a windowless box, sky, oceans, mountains.
The whole story shows the plight of rape victims in the most extreme kind of scenario which is in most cases in relation to the child of the victim in these cases and also a bright child with the worst and most heartbreaking childhood. Brie Larson who has starred in emotional movies like The Glass Castle and of course, Marvel’s Captain Marvel.
“Room” is an admittedly unsettling adaptation, but it’s also a beautifully acted testament to the unsinkable bond between a mother and son, whose love propels them to rescue each other.Sandie Angulo Chen
Common Sense Media
Room Movie Trailer
Brie Larson and seven-year-old Jacob Tremblay’s physical and spiritual bond blankets the whole movie like a fog, mainly evident, with paths, maps, like a never ending story during their seven years in captivity. More so to add, despite the tragic incidents that occurred Room is actually not a horror movie. Over shadowing all, is this worn down and beaten mother fighting to protect her child from a violent and daunting reality.
Film maker Lenny Abrahamson portrays the fragility and strength of the human spirit to persevere in the most daunting of all situations in this Best picture contender, Close, yet wide, Room sports very brilliant cinematography that transcends the depth and breadth of a child’s mind, every inch is a world. Room shines on the ever alluring prospects of faith, fragility of the safety of every day imaginations and expectations and most importantly, brings a never ever seen before story before our eyes, fragile and still reverberating on the unquenchable strength of the human resolve.
- 10 best emotional movies to cry yourself silly.You know sometimes you just get caught with a wave of the feels and decide ‘oh now you know what i most definitely need is a satisfying good tear jerker. Now you must be thinking of […]
- 90’s Fashion Trends Today? Yes Puh-lease!90's fever
- A Halloween with the Cullens: what’s your horror halloween pick?Its halloween again, that dark freaky time of the year and we’ll be kicking off with our favorite horror character, Bella (kristen Stewart), its been a long time since twilight (based on the book by stephanie […]
- A Monster Calls Review; Facing your DemonsAuthor Ness penned this adaptation of his own novel, which is as poignant as his beautiful book and features brilliant performances by Jones, MacDougall, and Neeson. Director J. A. Sandie Angulo Chen, Commonsense Media Whether it’s […]
- A Movie for Elon Musk, The MartianMartian Fever
- A Nun for Halloween: Another spinoff from the conjuring universeThis is Hyper Halloween selection, the Nun is the most recent spin off from the conjuring franchise based on the cases of demonologists Ed and Lorriane Warren.The movie launches at an abbey located in Romania 1952, […]
- A Perfect date Movie reviewTalk about complicated.
- A sensational film of frights : The ConjuringA chilling historical heart chilling movie created by James Wan, putting to life, a popular case of demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, this is a horror movie of the first order, not your regular horror movie […]