Author Ness penned this adaptation of his own novel, which is as poignant as his beautiful book and features brilliant performances by Jones, MacDougall, and Neeson. Director J. A.Sandie Angulo Chen, Commonsense Media
Whether it’s an immaculately creative extension of self or a fine work of cinematography, A monster call is a beautiful adaptation of transferred grief and aggression.
The movie is an adaptation of the young adult novel by Patrick Ness. Starring is the bereaved Conor who suffers the grief of powerlessly watching his mother succumb to an illness and conflicting internal issues. The 13-year-old carries an indecipherable burden of rage on his chest.
His nemesis is a monster, a seemingly extension of himself created in his mind, played by Liam Neeson.
Connors inability to face or try to understand the war raging in him leads to the beckoning of his demons which beautifully turns out to be on his side. The nightmare begins with a caving in of a church by an earthquake that takes his mother. Connor feels the burden of not being able to save her. In an attempt to escape his demons, he creates an imaginary world through art drawings which eventually comes to life as a giant old tree monster.
Watch the trailer
Liam Neeson does a fine work of healing
The Giant begins a phase in an attempt to help Connor understand himself by telling him three unsettling stories. These stories turn out to be similar to his predicament, seemingly.
A monster calls is a tale of a young boy burdened with challenges he cannot understand, it’s a tale of fate and healing which proves the popular mantra, The best way out is through.
- 10 best emotional movies to cry yourself silly.You know sometimes you just get caught with a wave of the feels and decide ‘oh now you know what i most definitely need is a satisfying good tear jerker. Now you must be thinking of […]
- 90’s Fashion Trends Today? Yes Puh-lease!90's fever
- A Halloween with the Cullens: what’s your horror halloween pick?Its halloween again, that dark freaky time of the year and we’ll be kicking off with our favorite horror character, Bella (kristen Stewart), its been a long time since twilight (based on the book by stephanie […]
- A Monster Calls Review; Facing your DemonsAuthor Ness penned this adaptation of his own novel, which is as poignant as his beautiful book and features brilliant performances by Jones, MacDougall, and Neeson. Director J. A. Sandie Angulo Chen, Commonsense Media Whether it’s […]
- A Movie for Elon Musk, The MartianMartian Fever
- A Nun for Halloween: Another spinoff from the conjuring universeThis is Hyper Halloween selection, the Nun is the most recent spin off from the conjuring franchise based on the cases of demonologists Ed and Lorriane Warren.The movie launches at an abbey located in Romania 1952, […]
- A Perfect date Movie reviewTalk about complicated.
- A sensational film of frights : The ConjuringA chilling historical heart chilling movie created by James Wan, putting to life, a popular case of demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, this is a horror movie of the first order, not your regular horror movie […]