Reviewing this movie now sort of reminds me of social distancing and the coronavirus. Suffering from a severe genetic disease known as cystic fibrosis two teenagers, Stella Grant (Haley Lu Richardson) and Will Newman (Cole Sprouse) and about how to watch five feet apart, just get your kleenex handy.
CF patients can’t come close to each other as it could prove fatal, so what happens when two fall in love with each other. Sounds like an epic recipe for disaster. Director Justin Baldoni (undercover bridesmaids) and also the star of Jane the Virgin through his Wayfarer entertainment company ( it ends with us) is the brains behind the movie along side Mikki Daughtry.
The story roles basically on the kind of patients the teenagers are, Stella takes her regimen and medications very seriously. The Split starlet, who also made appearances in The Edge of Seventeen starring Hailee Steinfield in this new medical spinoff is portrayed to be a meticulous achiever who seemingly walks on a tightrope. Will Newman, her counterpart is on the downward spiral, it’s Kind of like The Fault in Our Stars only with a personality flip. The Big Daddy star (1991) shows disinterest in taking his medications with quotes such as:
This whole time I’ve been living for my treatments, instead of doing my treatments so that I can live. And I wanna live, I’m tired of living without really living. I’m tired of wanting things.Will Newman, Five Feet Apart
Now isn’t that uplifting..
Stella on the other hand who can’t seem to stand such an attitude makes a pact with him to help him with his medication. This results in the both of them getting close. Note that people with CF aren’t supposed to get within six feet of each other due to the risk of cross infection. The movie solely focuses on proximity issues between the two sick teenagers.
Watch the trailer
The movie went well until the ending where it got derailed into some kind of Telemundo sequel but still if you want a good cry. You should try this one.
You just can't get enough, here's more:
- 10 best emotional movies to cry yourself silly.You know sometimes you just get caught with a wave of the feels and decide ‘oh now you know what i most definitely need is a satisfying good tear jerker. Now you must be thinking of […]
- 90’s Fashion Trends Today? Yes Puh-lease!90's fever
- A Halloween with the Cullens: what’s your horror halloween pick?Its halloween again, that dark freaky time of the year and we’ll be kicking off with our favorite horror character, Bella (kristen Stewart), its been a long time since twilight (based on the book by stephanie […]
- A Monster Calls Review; Facing your DemonsAuthor Ness penned this adaptation of his own novel, which is as poignant as his beautiful book and features brilliant performances by Jones, MacDougall, and Neeson. Director J. A. Sandie Angulo Chen, Commonsense Media Whether it’s […]
- A Movie for Elon Musk, The MartianMartian Fever
- A Nun for Halloween: Another spinoff from the conjuring universeThis is Hyper Halloween selection, the Nun is the most recent spin off from the conjuring franchise based on the cases of demonologists Ed and Lorriane Warren.The movie launches at an abbey located in Romania 1952, […]
- A Perfect date Movie reviewTalk about complicated.
- A sensational film of frights : The ConjuringA chilling historical heart chilling movie created by James Wan, putting to life, a popular case of demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, this is a horror movie of the first order, not your regular horror movie […]