Black Specials: Your all American Black-ish Family
It’s loved by all Africans and Americans and maybe gotten a few controversial reviews once in a while here and there. Created by Kenya Barris, Blackish has become a world wide hit all African American TV series. Addressing issues such as colorism, the TV series has sparked of course quite a handful of controversy in the media and political industry at large.
Blackish is about a successful ad executive Dre Johnson and his wife, Bow Johnson and their three kids Zoey (Yara Shahidi), Andre Johnson Jr (Marcus Scribner),Diane Johnson (Marsai Martin) and Jack Johnson played by Miles Brown. With the presence of a very peculiar extended family.
The Popular abc TV series addresses the issues faced by a black family trying to retain their ‘blackness’ while growing up in an all American white neighborhood.
Politics of Black-ish
The show is generally tagged under the genre of comedy but as it rolls by, you will tend to notice that it has taken a more serious tone, like Andre changing his rich school for public school, recollections of the issues of slavery and women in the work force. This new venture is even more visible in season four where Dre and Bow begins to have marital issues as the producer Kenya Barris puts it in Newsweek:
“Fifty-three percent of American marriages fail, which is about the same odds as DeAndre Jordan making a free-throw. I wanted to explore Dre and Bow’s relationship going through a difficult time and how it impacts the whole family.”Kenya Barris, Newsweek
This new divergence by abc has started taking out the ‘funny’ in the series. A drop back from its actual setting previous years ago. There has also been clap-backs from the public calling the show racist, sexist and homophobic.
President Obama stated ‘it’s like watching his own family on screen’ and the show has received some praise from both the black and white community.
Nonetheless don’t get so political over the series, it’s just an everyday family sit-com.
- 10 best emotional movies to cry yourself silly.You know sometimes you just get caught with a wave of the feels and decide ‘oh now you know what i most definitely need is a satisfying good tear jerker. Now you must be thinking of […]
- 90’s Fashion Trends Today? Yes Puh-lease!90's fever
- A Halloween with the Cullens: what’s your horror halloween pick?Its halloween again, that dark freaky time of the year and we’ll be kicking off with our favorite horror character, Bella (kristen Stewart), its been a long time since twilight (based on the book by stephanie […]
- A Monster Calls Review; Facing your DemonsAuthor Ness penned this adaptation of his own novel, which is as poignant as his beautiful book and features brilliant performances by Jones, MacDougall, and Neeson. Director J. A. Sandie Angulo Chen, Commonsense Media Whether it’s […]
- A Movie for Elon Musk, The MartianMartian Fever
- A Nun for Halloween: Another spinoff from the conjuring universeThis is Hyper Halloween selection, the Nun is the most recent spin off from the conjuring franchise based on the cases of demonologists Ed and Lorriane Warren.The movie launches at an abbey located in Romania 1952, […]
- A Perfect date Movie reviewTalk about complicated.
- A sensational film of frights : The ConjuringA chilling historical heart chilling movie created by James Wan, putting to life, a popular case of demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, this is a horror movie of the first order, not your regular horror movie […]