It’s as real as it gets, based on the true story of a stockbroker Chris Gardner showing the pains of struggling in a sinking life and yet trying to push through the surface for even a gasp of hope. Played by Will Smith and his biological son Jaden Smith, it would not be the only time the duo would be appearing side by side in a movie as later seen in the sci-fi thriller After Earth.
What is the Story of The Pursuit of Happiness?.
Firstly, it is a little cheesy and full of humor but that is due to the resilient persona of Chris Gardner in-spite of all the troubles, a little similar to Matt Damon in The Martian, except this time it’s not about the movie on the red planet but on the cold streets of America, The Pursuit of Happiness by Will Smith is about Fighting through hunger, an impatient wife, frustration, failure and wanting a better life for his child. Determined, to become a stock broker Chris Gardner applies for a 1 in 20 chance internship at a company which at the end of the program would select a member to join the brokerage team.
Secondly, regarding the famous ‘Y’ in ‘happyness’ as seen in the movie, Chris Gardner also spelled it that way. As he quoted to a radio station.
Thirdly, though Jaden Smith was five years old in the movie, Chris Gardner’s son was actually two years old in real life.
Chris Gardner as a Boy, although not portrayed in the movie. He also had a very difficult life as a child.
Chris Gardner wanted a career in medicine and worked in the west coast with a heart surgeon named Dr. Robert Ellis. He actually had an eureka moment when he discovered, following his research with the doctor, the concentration of potassium that best preserved the phosphates in the heart.
In the Pursuit of Hapiness Chris Gardner was a really competitive young man and though seen in the movie, he was not actually hit by a car in real life, it was all a plot to keep the interest of the viewers.
Did Chris Gardner and his son actually sleep on a subway station bathroom floor in The Pursuit of Happiness?
This is one of the most moving scenes in The Pursuit of Hapiness movie, where Chris Gardner and his son gets kicked out of thier home and they end up sleeping in a subway bathroom and someone eventually comes knocking for business.
The Hidden Story in The Pursuit of Hapiness
Following this affair, Chris got involved with a woman named Jackie who lived at the end of the street. Chris also went back east to New York City to meet Jackie’s relatives and to spend time with her family. Getting back to San Francisco and discovering that Jackie was pregnant with his son, Chris told Sherry that he was leaving her. Sherry moved to Oakland and it took nine long years for the two of them to become legally divorced however Chris subsequently moved in with Jackie, a decision that he admits was mostly about sexual relations.
But Movie Wise…
The Pursuit of Happiness is an inspiring movie that praises tenacity and good old faith in believing things would change, no matter how dire, if we push on.
Watch the Trailer of The Pursuit of Hapiness
You just can't get enough, here's more:
- 10 best emotional movies to cry yourself silly.You know sometimes you just get caught with a wave of the feels and decide ‘oh now you know what i most definitely need is a satisfying good tear jerker. Now you must be thinking of […]
- 90’s Fashion Trends Today? Yes Puh-lease!90's fever
- A Halloween with the Cullens: what’s your horror halloween pick?Its halloween again, that dark freaky time of the year and we’ll be kicking off with our favorite horror character, Bella (kristen Stewart), its been a long time since twilight (based on the book by stephanie […]
- A Monster Calls Review; Facing your DemonsAuthor Ness penned this adaptation of his own novel, which is as poignant as his beautiful book and features brilliant performances by Jones, MacDougall, and Neeson. Director J. A. Sandie Angulo Chen, Commonsense Media Whether it’s […]
- A Movie for Elon Musk, The MartianMartian Fever
- A Nun for Halloween: Another spinoff from the conjuring universeThis is Hyper Halloween selection, the Nun is the most recent spin off from the conjuring franchise based on the cases of demonologists Ed and Lorriane Warren.The movie launches at an abbey located in Romania 1952, […]
- A Perfect date Movie reviewTalk about complicated.
- A sensational film of frights : The ConjuringA chilling historical heart chilling movie created by James Wan, putting to life, a popular case of demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, this is a horror movie of the first order, not your regular horror movie […]