Lagelu Review: Four Heirs, One Throne
When a powerful king is ailing and at the brink of death, the affairs of state becomes a game of smarts, wit and devious plots to claim the throne. Embedded in this piece of art is a vibrant story portraying a kingdom at a crucial point.
Lagelu: Kingdom on Four Hills is a story by the renowned comic creator Makinde Ayodeji, founder of Comicsdi.
The story is of depth, passion and devious secrets. A narrative of unsuspecting parties willing to go the extremes to claim the throne. Set in an advanced and technologically developed kingdom indigenous to the Yoruba. In reality Lagelu is actually a local government in the present day Oyo State of Nigeria named in honour of a valiant Yoruba warrior.
Scrolling through the story you will find vibrant colors and brush strokes depicting deep emotions and of course high-end action, inked in tense and rich drawings and impressive artwork.
When we contemplate them closely we will realise that the four ‘hills’ actually characterise four brothers and each one represents more than just a personality but the dynamics of the kingdom and the royal family. One could be compelled to ask how they all turned out to be starkly different from one another, each having extremely disparate values and perspectives.
The brothers in their glory could be likened to factions in the kingdom, each one with his resources, followers and pawns.
There’s a twist where a very controversial heir is actually being advanced by a very powerful personality in the kingdom to secure the throne. This personality conceals an extremely dark secret which came to affect the outcome of the narrative.
At this point I want you to find out how it all went down in this great story. I give this story a thumbs up for a superbly outstanding suspenseful story.
Lagelu at the moment has only one season but sources say there would be a next season.
Edited by Debo Kayode Ogunranti
Founder and CEO of Comicsdi, he is a graduate of law from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria. For over two decades he has horned his skills in the creative industry and is deeply passionate about art and creativity. Comicsdi recieved a royal endorsement from the Ooni of Ife in 2019 for promoting African culture.
- 10 best emotional movies to cry yourself silly.You know sometimes you just get caught with a wave of the feels and decide ‘oh now you know what i most definitely need is a satisfying good tear jerker. Now you must be thinking of […]
- 90’s Fashion Trends Today? Yes Puh-lease!90's fever
- A Halloween with the Cullens: what’s your horror halloween pick?Its halloween again, that dark freaky time of the year and we’ll be kicking off with our favorite horror character, Bella (kristen Stewart), its been a long time since twilight (based on the book by stephanie […]
- A Monster Calls Review; Facing your DemonsAuthor Ness penned this adaptation of his own novel, which is as poignant as his beautiful book and features brilliant performances by Jones, MacDougall, and Neeson. Director J. A. Sandie Angulo Chen, Commonsense Media Whether it’s […]
- A Movie for Elon Musk, The MartianMartian Fever
- A Nun for Halloween: Another spinoff from the conjuring universeThis is Hyper Halloween selection, the Nun is the most recent spin off from the conjuring franchise based on the cases of demonologists Ed and Lorriane Warren.The movie launches at an abbey located in Romania 1952, […]
- A Perfect date Movie reviewTalk about complicated.
- A sensational film of frights : The ConjuringA chilling historical heart chilling movie created by James Wan, putting to life, a popular case of demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, this is a horror movie of the first order, not your regular horror movie […]