Joy Movie Review ; Jennifer Lawrence tells a touching story of determination.
A classic portraying determination and brimming entrepreneurship. Starring Jennifer Lawrence as strong and determined Joy Mangano, living an upbeat life as a divorced mother of two who successfully climbs the business ladder. The movie is a biopic drama with a slight tinge of comedy with its amicable story telling by Joy’s Grandmother shown in her growth from early childhood which was greatly marked with creativity. Directed by David O Russel and starring also Robert DeNiro and a business tycoon Bradley Cooper who plays the role of literally paving the way for our heroine the seemingly short one-hour movie, if you fancy a summary.
Jennifer Lawrence brings grit to the frontlines.
Generally, this is a story about an ordinary woman in a large family without any accomplishments whatsoever who decides to make something out for herself. Funny enough, the supposed voice of the critics is not emboldened and neither is the opposition like seen in take for example The Pursuit of Happiness. With a very noticeable lack of emotional rawness whatsoever, just light hearted and full of inspirational butterflies. Jennifer Lawrence who has starred in hit movies like The Hunger Games and Passengers is not new to the feminism tinged movie mantra as seen in the movie also starring Bradley Cooper, The Silver Linings Playbook.
The set is in the 1900s showing the motive by the directors that this one is an entrepreneurial classic, the types who morph to be founders of wealthy businesses today. Painting a wild story across time with a span of four generations this is a woman who despite facing setbacks like a disappointing marriage, a literally failed and obstructing family and the good old non believers, she creates a business dynasty and becomes her own matriarch carried along by her inner drive and will power to refuse to be average like her family whatever the cost maybe and going against all odds.
Jennifer Lawrence in Joy, see the Trailer
- 10 best emotional movies to cry yourself silly.You know sometimes you just get caught with a wave of the feels and decide ‘oh now you know what i most definitely need is a satisfying good tear jerker. Now you must be thinking of […]
- 90’s Fashion Trends Today? Yes Puh-lease!90's fever
- A Halloween with the Cullens: what’s your horror halloween pick?Its halloween again, that dark freaky time of the year and we’ll be kicking off with our favorite horror character, Bella (kristen Stewart), its been a long time since twilight (based on the book by stephanie […]
- A Monster Calls Review; Facing your DemonsAuthor Ness penned this adaptation of his own novel, which is as poignant as his beautiful book and features brilliant performances by Jones, MacDougall, and Neeson. Director J. A. Sandie Angulo Chen, Commonsense Media Whether it’s […]
- A Movie for Elon Musk, The MartianMartian Fever
- A Nun for Halloween: Another spinoff from the conjuring universeThis is Hyper Halloween selection, the Nun is the most recent spin off from the conjuring franchise based on the cases of demonologists Ed and Lorriane Warren.The movie launches at an abbey located in Romania 1952, […]
- A Perfect date Movie reviewTalk about complicated.
- A sensational film of frights : The ConjuringA chilling historical heart chilling movie created by James Wan, putting to life, a popular case of demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, this is a horror movie of the first order, not your regular horror movie […]