The new horror/mystical drama series from Netflix has a taste of all familiar movies like ‘Hole in the ground’ and Cabin in the Woods. Starring Emily Deschanel (Bones) the series takes off when a lost girl is admitted into a hospital (Madeleine Arthur) with the latter as a nurse in the Hospital.
The series with reference maybe to classic horrors with the likes of Carrie by Stephen King doesn’t put more emphasis on the supernatural but fixates basically on ritualistic occurrences seemingly. Directed by John Fawcett, the aura is one of locale and emphasis on mostly darkly culture and phenomena. Most times veering off the main goal as pictures of family and bonding is structured and then marked with flashes of impressionable or rather seemingly frightful scenes. The series rolls on into storytelling in the first few episodes as we are drawn into the lives of the characters which appeared a little too warm for a seemingly horror spinoff, missing the marks of family loss as in popular hit horror movies like Insidious and The Conjuring (James Wan).
Having only one season the story is rather brief for a series with obvious depth. There are no announcements for a second season as of the moment by Netflix.
- 10 best emotional movies to cry yourself silly.You know sometimes you just get caught with a wave of the feels and decide ‘oh now you know what i most definitely need is a satisfying good tear jerker. Now you must be thinking of […]
- 90’s Fashion Trends Today? Yes Puh-lease!90's fever
- A Halloween with the Cullens: what’s your horror halloween pick?Its halloween again, that dark freaky time of the year and we’ll be kicking off with our favorite horror character, Bella (kristen Stewart), its been a long time since twilight (based on the book by stephanie […]
- A Monster Calls Review; Facing your DemonsAuthor Ness penned this adaptation of his own novel, which is as poignant as his beautiful book and features brilliant performances by Jones, MacDougall, and Neeson. Director J. A. Sandie Angulo Chen, Commonsense Media Whether it’s […]
- A Movie for Elon Musk, The MartianMartian Fever
- A Nun for Halloween: Another spinoff from the conjuring universeThis is Hyper Halloween selection, the Nun is the most recent spin off from the conjuring franchise based on the cases of demonologists Ed and Lorriane Warren.The movie launches at an abbey located in Romania 1952, […]
- A Perfect date Movie reviewTalk about complicated.
- A sensational film of frights : The ConjuringA chilling historical heart chilling movie created by James Wan, putting to life, a popular case of demonologists Ed and Lorraine Warren, this is a horror movie of the first order, not your regular horror movie […]